MY NAME’S MARIDO AND I WORK AT THE MUSEUM. I'M AT HOME NOW LIKE YOU ARE. HOW ABOUT WE CONNECT HERE EVERY WEDNESDAY? WOULD YOU LIKE THAT?
We have a vast and really beautiful collection of posters at the Museum. They help us to understand what is happening to us all today.
Once a week, I will make one available for everyone to enjoy colouring. I’d like to share some pointers with your mum, your dad, or the person who is taking care of you. If they agree, I’d be very happy to receive your drawing. Thank you!
For the grown-ups:
To begin a discussion with the child about what is happening to us today, we suggest you ask the following questions during the colouring.
You can share the drawing with us by using #RedCrossMuseum on social media or by sending it to us by post: International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum, Avenue de la Paix 17, 1202 Geneva.
To download the colouring poster and print it at home, click here.
– Do you know all the foods on the poster? Can you name each item?
– Which foods on the poster are your favourites? And the ones you dislike?
– What do these foods have in common?
– Is there a food that you would add? Why would you add it?
– Do you know whether all the foods shown can be produced in the country you come from?
– If not, do you know where they come from and how they travel?
– Which country does the poster come from?
– If you were to make a poster of any country of your choice, what foods would you include?
– How old is the poster? Do the math, how many years has it been? Was it in your parents’ time? Your grandparents’ time?
– Do they remember the recommendations made at the time to eat healthy?
– Is the message of the poster true today?
– What is your favourite meal? Is it healthy? Where does the food in your favourite meal come from?
See you next Wednesday for another poster!